POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Go : Re: 3D Go Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Go
From: stm31415
Date: 10 May 2005 22:50:00
Message: <web.4281710b8196c27c9ae8ca450@news.povray.org>

> Ever played 3-D noughts and crosses?, 4-D? 5-D? :-)
> you just keep adding boards, like 3d is 3 x 3x3:
>
> xxx xxx xxx
> xxx xxx xxx
> xxx xxx xxx
>
> 4-D is 3 * 3 * 3*3
>
> Oxx xXx xxx
> xxx xxx xxx
> xxx xxx xxx
>
> xxx xXx xxx
> xxx xOx xxx
> xxx xxx xxx
>
> xxx xXx xxx
> xxx xxx xxx
> xxx xxx xxO
>
> where O-O-O and X-X-X are both winning lines.
>
> have fun.
>
> --
> Bill Hails
> http://thyme.homelinux.net/

Well, I am not sure that I understand the OOO relation in that last one. Oh,
I see. You're allowing for superdiagonals. This is why I think Go makes it
so interesting-- the relations between stones remain the same despite the
greater DOF. The the game you point out, I do believe the O's are further
apart in the example you give in 4D. On the other hand, I haven't worked on
my 4D paradigm in a few months, so  my visualization is a bit rusty. I'll
probably post tomorrow saying I am wrong. Oh, well -- you think, you
learn... (and one would think that eventually you would learn to stop
thinking -- my brain hurts!)

Oh, and here's a WIP of th elittle spaceships, but I am afraid it is a
little too cluttered. A close-up shot, maybe, with some heavy focal blur...
but then you can't play anymore. Oh, well. Sacrifices in the name of Art.
(My brother, Arthur, insists I do everything in his name. sheesh.)

Well, I am rambling.

-s
5TF

Post a reply to this message